Friday, December 9, 2011

Announcing...

Another addition to the Ellsworth Family!
Addie will be getting a little sister at the end of May.
(official due date is May 24th)

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment, but Scott couldn't come. The doctor was hoping he'd be able to tell us the gender of the little one. Scott and I really wanted to be together when we found out, so I asked the doctor if he would seal in an envelope what it was and Scott and I could open it together at the end of the day.

When Scott got home we decided it would be fun to head to the Galleria and open it at a dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Awesome plan.
We weren't surprised at all when it said, "Girl."
Well, technically it says, "Female."
For the entire pregnancy (and with Addie's too) I just knew it was a little girl in there.

We would have been over the moon excited about having a boy too, but here are the reasons why having a girl now is perfect:
1. Now Addie can have a little sister for a best friend, just like I have!
2. We already have a ton of adorable girl's clothes. Saving money!
3. I don't have to redecorate the pink bedroom at all.
4. For the life of us, we can't think of boy names. None. But we don't have a problem with girl's names.
5. I've heard horror stories of potty training boys. I get to dodge that bullet, at least for a little while longer.
6. Now our brothers and sisters (on both sides) can still have a chance at 1st grandson, since we already nabbed the 1st grandchild title:)
Here's me with my muffin top at 16 weeks.
I'm excited for it to actually look like a pregnant belly.
Instead of like I'm enjoying a few too many holiday treats!

So far this pregnancy has been so nice to me.
Knock on wood.
I only had a tiny fraction of the nausea I had with Addie.
I've mostly just been tired, which works out just fine because of the designated 2 hour naptime every day!

One of the things that makes us the most excited is that Addie is going to be the best big sister ever! Boy, does this girl love babies. She's been going around the house talking all about, "baby sister." We asked her what we should name her and she instantly said, "Jacob!" After one of her best friends.

3 comments:

Katie B said...

Shoosh, that's no muffin top, you look darling! We're all so excited for you!

Amelia Brame said...

I think Jacob would be the perfect name ;)

Kristen and Ryan said...

Congrats Kim, you look so great! I love close sisters, so very exciting!

Contributors